Precincts and Polling Places
General elections are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November. City elections are held on the first Tuesday in May of even years. The polls open at 6:00 a.m. and close at 7:00 p.m. on each Election Day.
In order to vote in any election, you must be registered 21 days prior to that election. The Registrar's office is open on the last two Saturdays prior to General Election for absentee voting.
Polling places in the City of Franklin are as follows:
- Precinct 1 – J.L. Camp Jr. YMCA - 300 Crescent Drive
- Precinct 2 – Ruth Camp Campbell Memorial Library – 280 North College Drive
- Precinct 3 - American Legion Building - 935 Armory Drive
- Precinct 4 - Sportsman Association Inc. Bldg. - 1431 South Street
- Precinct 5 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Center - 683 Oak Street
- Precinct 6 – *Franklin Congregational Church - 412 N. High Street*
If you have any more questions about elections and voting please refer to the State Board of Elections site.
Important Notice for Precinct 6 Voters:
The Diocese of Richmond decided against using their churches as polling places, therefore St. Jude's Catholic Church will not be available for the June 23, 2020 Republican Party Primary. The temporay polling place will be Franklin Congregational Church, located at 412 N. High St. Please call 562-8545 for more information.