Quick and Easy Flood Safety tips:
- Avoid walking or driving through flood water. It only takes six inches of moving water to knock a person down and only one foot of water to carry any vehicle away
- Move to higher ground, especially in any instance where there is or a chance of a flash flood
- Avoid camping or parking next to a body of water during heavy rainfal
Difference Between Flood Watch and a Flood Warning:
- Flood watch: Just a precaution. This means that the conditions are favorable for flooding to occur in the area.
- Flood Warning: Take immediate action. This means that flooding is already occuring in the area or if it hasn't then it will in a short period of time.