Franklin Southampton Economic Development
The City of Franklin and Southampton County combined encompass a geographic area of over 600 square miles and are home to 26,000 of the 1.6 million people within the Hampton Roads region.
Franklin Southampton Economic Development, Inc. is a public-private economic development organization serving the City of Franklin and Southampton County Virginia since 2005 with a mission to diversify the economy, create high quality jobs and provide a future for the families and youth of Franklin and Southampton.
For more information about the services Franklin Southampton Economic Development provides, please visit their website.
Franklin Southampton Economic Development's four main focuses are:
- Business Attraction
- Market available properties, incentives and community information to local, state and national brokers, consultants and companies.
- Identify and maintain a database of available sites and buildings.
- Act as a liaison for new businesses between local, regional and state agencies.
2. Business Retention and Expansion
- Assist existing companies with expansion and downsizing projects.
- Identify and address customer, supplier and workforce concerns.
- Coordinate educational programs to help support existing business development.
- Market the Visit Franklin Southampton VA brand to tourists. Click here for more information on events and visiting our community.
- Market, promote and sponsor local tourism initiatives.
4. Small Business Development
- Market the Franklin Business Center and the services the incubator program offers.
- Connect entrepreneurs with business mentors to assist with business planning and development.
- Provide training programs and workshops to help support business growth.
In 2005, City of Franklin renovated a 40,000 sq. ft. in Downtown Franklin to create the Franklin Business Center, which is an incubator program for startup and expanding businesses. The building houses office space, support staff and programs and also provides hands-on management assistance, access to equipment and exposure to critical business and technical support services under one roof.
For more information about the Franklin Business Center, please click here.