The City of Franklin Department of Public Works is a dynamic and diverse organization that manages and delivers a multitude of services to the citizens of Franklin on a daily basis.
Services provided and managed by the Department of Public Works are as follows:
- Streets Division – provides services to include concrete, asphalt, and drainage repairs and construction as well as snow removal.
- Garage Division – provides maintenance and repairs to all fleet vehicles for every city department to include schools and social services.
- Refuse Collection – provides collection of household waste, yard waste, and white goods.
- Building Maintenance – provides building maintenance, grounds maintenance, and custodial services to 15 city buildings.
- Mosquito Control – provides mosquito control services for the entire city.
- Cemeteries – provides maintenance and operational services for two city cemeteries.
- Water Division – provides and delivers potable water to Franklin, Southampton County and Isle of Wight County residents.
- Sewer Division – provides sanitary sewer collection and treatment services to Franklin, Southampton County and Isle of Wight County residents.
- Airport – manages and operates the City of Franklin Municipal Airport.
Many of these services assure the health and well being of our citizens and visitors, as well as, make Franklin a clean, safe, and appealing city to reside or visit.