The City of Franklin Department of Public Works is a dynamic and diverse organization that manages and delivers a multitude of services to the citizens of Franklin on a daily basis.
Services provided and managed by the Department of Public Works are as follows:
- Streets Division – provides services to include concrete, asphalt, and drainage repairs and construction as well as snow removal.
- Garage Division – provides maintenance and repairs to all fleet vehicles for every city department to include schools and social services.
- Refuse Collection – provides collection of household waste, yard waste, and white goods.
- Cemeteries – provides maintenance and operational services for two city cemeteries.
- Water Division – provides and delivers potable water to Franklin, Southampton County and Isle of Wight County residents.
- Sewer Division – provides sanitary sewer collection and treatment services to Franklin, Southampton County and Isle of Wight County residents.
Many of these services assure the health and well being of our citizens and visitors, as well as, make Franklin a clean, safe, and appealing city to reside or visit.