Parks & Recreation Upcoming Events
- Girls on the Run Flyer Looking for a way to keep your daughter active during these times? Consider signing her up for Girls on the Run with Franklin Parks and Recreation. This is a great program that promotes physical activity and builds self-esteem through a trusted curriculum. Girls on the Run is our program for girls in 3rd-5th grade that encourages girls to recognize their individual strengths and celebrate connections with others. Each season, girls gain a better understanding of who they are and what's important to them, the value of teamwork and healthy relationships and how they can have a positive impact on the world. Girls also make a meaningful contribution to their community through a team-organized Community Impact Project. Physical activity is woven into the program to inspire an appreciation for fitness and healthy habits and teach life skills including treating others with care, practicing gratitude and managing emotions. Each season culminates with a Girls on the Run 5K event. This celebratory, non-competitive event provides girls with a sense of accomplishment and instills the value of goal setting at a young age.You can register on www.gotrhr.org or come into Franklin Parks and Recreation main office at 683 Oak Street Franklin, VA 23851. For any questions please contact the department at 757-562-2475.
- 5k Ugly Sweater Run Flyer
- 5k Ugly Sweater Run Waiver and Release of Liability Form
- 50 Miles Challlenge Flyer
- November Calender for Activity-to-Go
- December Calender for Activity-to-Go