What To Do
What To Do Before a Flood:
- Be alert.
- Gather and assemble any supplies.
- Be prepared to evacuate.
- Review a family disaster plan.
- Protect your property.
What To Do During a Flood:
- Be alert at all times.
- Don't drive unless you absolutely have to.
- Get to high ground.
- Evacuate immediately, unless told otherwise.
- Do not walk or swim through running water.
- Shut off electricity and circuit breakers in your home.
What To Do After a Flood:
- You should only return to the area/home after authorities say it is safe.
- Be very cautious around the areas where flood waters have receded. There could be debris and erosion.
- Do not attemtp to drive or walk through areas that are still flooded.
- Avoid any standing water. There may be electric currents due to fallen power lines or it may be electrically charged from underground.
- Photograph any damage to your property for insurance purposes.